[Re: [ANST - A clarification (was Rant)]] (2)

Keith Hood hoodkl at netscape.net
Wed May 19 16:22:05 PDT 1999

"Mark.S Harris" <rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com> wrote:
> Keith Hood wrote:
> > Human history has never been unalloyed.  Both good and evil have always
been
> > intertwined in all human endeavors.  In the Crusades, I am sure there were
> > people really motivated by religious zeal as well as those motivated by
hunger
> > for land or loot.
>
> And which of the three motivations that you mention is the good motivation?

Lord Stefan:

That comment was not intended as an endorsement of any beliefs and I won't
stray from the original point to argue religion.  The point of that paragraph
was, we have to acknowledge both sides of the coin when we look at our past.
The overall point of the entire post was, we should understand the reality of
history but not let that keep us from trying to act better than that history.
I hope that came across.

    Tomonaga

------

A long bow and a stong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.
The nock to the cord, the shaft to the ear,
And a foreign king for a mark!

     --  Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra