ANST - RE: Looking for the heat....READY to FLAME-ON!!!

Lorraine and/or Kief deer_kief at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 22:03:46 PDT 1999

Heilsa all Ansteorrans Good and True...

Karl Muller spoke words that sounded somewhat like this:

>>1) Merchants that enter their wares in A&S competitions.
>
>it should be for sale or a&s. not both at the as event.

And why not, pray give us your wisdom... To me, a merchant that has the time
and ability to produce quality goods for sale AND display is one that should
be a standard to follow. What you are saying, in effect, is that you can
either display one's "artistic work" or "soil one's hands being a
merchant"....... I've seen this attitude in the SCA for far too long and it
is _really_ one of my "hothothot buttons" (Thank you for pushing it...!
*grin*) One of the things that I learned at my "grand-pappy's knee" was that
a goal of a Laurel candidate was to produce a _product_ that could have made
them a living in period. So...why not both display and sell... Seems to me
that one follows the other like night follows day..........

>>2) A&S event steward competing in the competition.
>
>not a good idea. if he or she wins, it looks suspicious.

Suspicious....?????!!!!! Of what??????!!!!!! (See above rant and modify it
to fit this space.... Please substitute "harried steward" for "merchant" and
fiddle with the time frame...) Pray tell us exactly _why_ it looks
suspicious...... *SHEESH!*

>just my personal views.
>km

Just my opinion of course......................................

Waes Thu Hael kinfolk...
Kief
"Better the Hammer than the nail..."