ANST - RE: Looking for the heat....READY to FLAME-ON!!!

karl muller apophysis at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 07:37:17 PDT 1999

>From: "Dan Roberts" <dan at entc.tamu.edu>
>To: "<"<ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG>
>Subject: Re: ANST - RE: Looking for the heat....READY to FLAME-ON!!!
>Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 08:44:48 -0500
>

>Pug Bainter said something that sounded like:
>
> >To take the example to the extremes, it would be like the current King
> >entering Crown Tourney.
>
> >It is not a matter of time, entrest or desire, but a matter of
> >perceptions. The A&S coordinator setups the guidelines that the entries
> >will be judged by, arranges for judges, etc. If they turn around and
> >win, people will feel like it is rigged even though it is not.
>
>I do believe that he said event steward, not A&S Coordinator. The event
>steward should have no appearance of conflict with the judging. Can the
>knight marshall of a group enter the tourney that he set the rules for? Its
>not that uncommon.
>
>Ivan the Hedgehog

if a person in charge of something surrenders control of what they are in
charge of ( picking the judges, setting the list, etc.), then i guess it
would be alright to be in the competition. but to set up everything and then
enter in the competition, i'm not comfortable with that. but then, the world
doesn't revolve around what "I" think.
km