ANST - laurels competing

Weiszbrod, Barbara Ann (Barbara)** CTR ** baw2 at lucent.com
Mon May 24 07:33:30 PDT 1999

> Oriana wrote:
> 	In some Kingdoms it is common to compete against a standard, not
> against the other artisans.

I think that the new judging forms makes that exactly what is happening
here.  Each entry is judged on it's own merits, not on how it relates to
other items in the competition.  Then the highest point score is considered
the winner.  I know that when I have entered an item the number score I was
give immediately translated in my mind to a grade level (a score of 38 out
of 50 became a "C"), one that was reflective of my work, and not it's place
in the curve.

Alys.
Steppes