ANST - Event Steward vs Autocrat

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon May 24 10:33:21 PDT 1999

Good day,

> >Unless they want to go tell the King "I insist you
> >end this Belted/Laurel/etc. Circle right now and come to feast"...

Similar things have happened.

> No, you simply say "Your Majesty, the feast is ready to be served. Would
> you prefer to adjourn/recess this meeting and come eat, or do you wish to
> continue the meeting while I serve your people?"

That's frequently how it's been done. People are afraid to approach a Circle
with a message. That's why we either have guards (their job isn't just to
keep away accidental passerby but to also bring messages) or a member of our
entourage may be used to bring us messages.

> Starving the populace just so a small group can continue arguing is not an
> option.

> 	-Tivar Moondragon
> 		Ansteorra

If a Circle or meeting is progressing into feast, we usually ask the Steward
to begin the meal without us unless there is a specific reason for us to be
in attendance. The populace comes first and should not have to wait for us to
be fed. If there is a reason why we need to be there, we will often either speed
up business, delay business until the next Circle, or adjourn the Circle until
after feast.

This doesn't happen every time but that is the plan we try to follow.

Yours,

Gunthar