ANST - Re: old knights/peers

JRiner0662 at aol.com JRiner0662 at aol.com
Mon May 24 19:25:47 PDT 1999

Baron Bors,
I've only read some of the postings on "term limits" for peerages.  However,
I find the insinuations that are being made to be in bad taste and out of
line.  I only hold one peerage, but I feel that as a Knight I should voice my
opinion on this subject.  A simple statement can be made - "Do not try to
shorten someone else's line, extend your own." - These words come from my
Mentor, Duke Sigmund and my Knight, Duke Hector and are the center of our
teachings.  Each Peer contributes to this society based on their abilities.
Some peers can no longer be as active as they would like to be.  We build on
each other's skills and experiences and expect the new members of our Society
to pick-up the torch that we have left behind.  I know of no Peer who would
refuse to help anyone in need or refuse to show his/her skills when asked.
The "old" Peers have already written their own history, it can never be
erased nor can it be replaced, only built upon with honor and respect.  Thank
you for listening.
Duke Patrick Michael