ANST - Period Jewelry

Alys Roke shiningstaris at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 09:07:40 PDT 1999

Greetings!  Let me take a moment to introduce myself.  In real life, my name is Christine Batchelor, and in the SCA I am Lady Alys Roke.  I moved to Ansteorra about 7 months ago from the East (South Jersey to Houston)  and every week for those 7 months, I tell myself this week I'm really going to become involved in the local SCA, I really mean it this time :)  Now I'm finally going to stop procrastinating, I hope :)

I am hoping someone out there can help with finding some information.  I like making jewlery and I would like to start merchanting at events, and participating in A&S shows/competitions, but I have not been able to find period sources that I can use for inspiration and documentation.  Can anyone point me in the direction of suitable web pages/books/references/etc.?

I would also like to get a subscription to my local newsletter, if there is one... How do I go about that?

In your service,
Lady Alys Roke

If ponies rode men
And grass ate cows