ANST - Re: old knights/peers

Lady Simone margiejr at sprintmail.com
Tue May 25 09:13:04 PDT 1999

Well said your Grace, well said.

I belive there is much we can learn from our peers, even those who are not
able to be as active as they once were. they deserve our respect to the
position they have earned.  if one takes the time to sit and listen to them,
there is much that can be learned from our peers.

Lady Simone

> Baron Bors,
> I've only read some of the postings on "term limits" for peerages.
However,
> I find the insinuations that are being made to be in bad taste and out of
> line.  I only hold one peerage, but I feel that as a Knight I should voice
my
> opinion on this subject.  A simple statement can be made - "Do not try to
> shorten someone else's line, extend your own." - These words come from my
> Mentor, Duke Sigmund and my Knight, Duke Hector and are the center of our
> teachings.  Each Peer contributes to this society based on their
abilities.
> Some peers can no longer be as active as they would like to be.  We build
on
> each other's skills and experiences and expect the new members of our
Society
> to pick-up the torch that we have left behind.  I know of no Peer who
would
> refuse to help anyone in need or refuse to show his/her skills when asked.
> The "old" Peers have already written their own history, it can never be
> erased nor can it be replaced, only built upon with honor and respect.
Thank