ANST - Reply to Sir Patrick

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Tue May 25 15:55:38 PDT 1999

In a message dated 99-05-24 22:27:55 EDT,  Duke Patrick Michael writes:

<< Baron Bors,
 I've only read some of the postings on "term limits" for peerages.  However,
 I find the insinuations that are being made to be in bad taste and out of
 line. .  <snip> The "old" Peers have already written their own history, it
can never be
 erased nor can it be replaced, only built upon with honor and respect.
Thank
 you for listening.
 Duke Patrick Michael >>

It is always my pleasure to listen to what you have to articulate and expound
upon.  I think you know that of all the people in the SCA, you are held as
one of the highest in my regard.  Your sevice and wisdom in the dealings of
the Kindom and the SCA are beyond reproach.  How ever if you read my
following post to the future Sir Timo, I stated :
<I am enough of a realist to know that review of ability for maintaining a
peerager will never happen, but I think it still is a subject that can be
brought up and discussed.>

I think the key word here is discussed- my first post has led to a thread
that has been informative and helpful and provided a good discussion on peers
competing.  Not one person has even suggested that peers ever cease being
peers.  My ramblings were only in the realm of conjecture and speculation,
and if they have offended you or any peer within our kingdom, I do profoundly
offer apology and submit to what ever judgement you desire.

Baron Bors of Lothian
Baron Loch Sollier