ANST - various perceptions ....

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Wed May 5 15:13:43 PDT 1999

On 5 May 99, at 15:14, Christina wrote:

> Hill, Jeffrey A (Jeff) wrote:
>
> > Why does Wolf have any right to say so?
>
> Why does Wolf not?
>
> You assume that you do.

(g) but of course he does ... as does everyone else in equal measure, as it
should be.  just helps to widen their perceptions and remind them of that fact
now and again

> > I played in Bryn Gwlad for six
> > years, and never once have a I met this individual.
>
> I've met him at our events.  I like him.
>
> Just because you don't know who he is doesn't mean he wasn't there.  I
> miss people that I _do_ know on a regular basis.  ;>

some people go out of their way to meet everyone,  some hold back and meet
people selectively.  self belongs to that type.  i know the person who took
such seeming exception to my existence by face & name, but to date have had no
reason to introduce self to them, nor have they been part of the circles i walk
in ... dos'nt necessarily mean i don't exist (hint: look around for the large
harley with the wolf-head's on the tanks and i'm around somewhere ...).

>     That's not correct.  Being a paid member boosts our numbers and allows
> groups to grow from incipient to shire to barony, and keeps our groups at
> their current levels.  There are groups in the barony who have trouble
> making their numbers.  Bryn Gwlad isn't one of them, and Wolf is the one
> of the reasons why. That alone is a needed contribution.

gotta pass this whole thread to some of my breathren that "crossed to the west"
... they would find the thread hilarious.  if anyone questions membership
status, got several box's of TI's, Black Star's, and other old member
periodicals only available to members ... a good 25 years of them.  also
remembers when BG was young and struggling ...

> .... In addition, there is a long-standing SCA tradition of people who play
> kingdom level only being claimed by the groups that they live in.  Last I
> heard, both Master Avatar and Cedric the Fiddler lived here, but I wouldn't
> know for a fact because they don't normally go to fighters, business
> meetings, or the guilds that I attend.  I'm not going to disown them for
> that, nor am I reluctant to hear their opinions as a result.

for several years, took that one step farther and "played" primarily outside
kingdom when i had SCAdian riding bro's who convinced me of the enjoyment of
*long* tourney/event runs on the harley's ... what it all boils down to, you
make your own place in the SCA that is meaningful to *you*, not necessarily
convenient or even understandable to others.

> I do advise meeting him, so that you'll know what he looks like....

but that that mean's my covers blown ... (g)

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves