ANST - stuff

Bowen wweir at postoffice.swbell.net
Sat May 8 08:17:40 PDT 1999

Merrik Viltar Har wrote:

> Hey Angus,
>
> You any good at making boffer stuff for the childrens? You got any stuff to
> make boffer stuff? You gonna be at fighter practice?
>
> Merrik

Merrivk,
I know that you addressed this message to Angus, but as it's on the list, I'd
like to reply.
Boffer construction really depends on the age of the "boffee".  When my boys
were young (5-6 yrs), I made boffers out of golf tubes (used by golfers to
keep their clubs separate in a golf bag) inside of 1" pipe insulation.  As
their strenght grew, I added a second tube, slit longways, inside the first,
because once the tube inside the foam is bent, the weapon loses rigidity.  The
next step was to add more foaminside the split tube.  I haven't yet tried the
expanding foam that comes in spray cans, but I intend to.  Good luck.

William of Weir
(First time I tried to use tis- hope it works)