ANST - A&S - does utility count?

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Sun May 9 08:42:22 PDT 1999

Greetings and Hi there,

IMHO I think we sometimes forget what the C in SCA stands for.  I think
credit should be given for Creative adaptations on modern items to a more
period looking form or use.  Some of the things we do, because of the way we
must do them (safety, health, etc), aren't going to be exactly *period*
anyway.  In some cases, authentic materials aren't avaliable and close
modern materials must be substited.  I'm inclined to think that the *spirt*
is more important than the *letter*.

In fact, I just had what I think is a great idea.  I'm the A & S officer for
the Shire of MIddleford.  At our next event which is Warchieftain / Cavalier
of the Bridge 8 - 10 October (sorry, shameless event plug) the A & S
competion will be "Coverups-Things to make the mundane look period."  Please
see forthcoming Announce for more info.

Gilli