ANST - Bare Table A & S

Scot Eddy seddy at vvm.com
Mon May 10 08:03:11 PDT 1999

I have often wondered which of my items would get a better score. An
acrylic painted icon with brass leaf on an acrylic gesso board WITH a
snazzy faux brick wall, incense, palm leaves, candles, and fru-fru and
documentation vs. an egg tempera icon with gold leaf on a period gesso
board and a plain frame on which to display it with documentation. All
things being equal I think that the gussied up A & S entry would be much
more likely to win.

My arguement is "If you're judging the piece, judge the piece." No need
for all of the additional material. I would like to see a rule something
to the effect of "Nothing is to be on the table but a plain, black piece
of cloth, the item, and it's documentation. Level the playing field and
return the emphasis to the item itself.

Grace and Peace,

Jovian