ANST - NY Times: Women: Shadow Story of the Millennium

Maureen of Westgate ladydaungerous at yahoo.com
Mon May 17 15:08:45 PDT 1999

http://www.nytimes.com/library/magazine/millennium/m2/index.html
Check it out! This New York Times special focuses on women throughout the millennium. Special note
is taken of changing attitudes toward the political and economic status of women. Some of it is
extremely modern, but authors like Hildegarde of Bingen and Christine of Pizan are quoted in their
turns. The format includes special "slide shows" of images that have bearing. One example includes
"The Violence of Jealousy," noted as a page from a medieval manuscript.
Plus! Vote for The Most Provocative Woman of the Millennium. Nominate your own candidate or vote
for tax resistors like Lady Godiva or irritating voices like Hildegarde of Bingen.
You have to register, I think, but access is free and this is well worth your time.

Maureen of Westgate

===
What's the vector, Victor? What's our clearance, Clarence?