ANST - NY Times: Women: Shadow Story of the Millennium

Ronnie ronna at primenet.com
Tue May 18 16:47:26 PDT 1999

>You've got to be kidding?!!! Matilda is hardly one you would want to
>have folks emulate, especially if you were expecting any of the virtues
>the SCA highlights. Honor meant little to her and when she briefly had
>power, she was all to quick to abuse it and go back on her word.

Our sources and interpretations appear to be different.  What's your next
event?  Since we weren't there and then, her thoughts and state of mind
unfortunately aren't available to us, but it'd be fun to briefly exchange
academic information and discuss her actions within the context of her time.
Ronnie.