ANST - RE: Looking for the heat

Mstrsmara at aol.com Mstrsmara at aol.com
Tue May 18 18:02:45 PDT 1999

Greetings from afar,

<< The Laurel is not just a rank - most of us consider it a job.
 And we do our best to live up to the damands of that job out of honor, out
 of duty, and out of love.

Your right Gunnora, it is a job.  Its much easier to sit at an event and
visit with friends, watch the list or just hang out.  But judging, teaching
and enriching the Kingdom with knowledge is indeed our job.  It is indeed a
labor of love, both for the Kingdom and the Arts.  I love to visit with folks
who display their works, and not just in the area I know.  I learn alot from
talking to the various artisans.

I have read the posts in the past few days and I try to look at them as if I
were in their  place.  I can honestly say I didn't have any of the negative
experiances.  Yes there were things that were written about my entries that I
didn't agree with, but in every case the judge listed thier name and contact
information.  I took the time to contact them, but in most cases the judges
looked me up and explained why they had written what they had.  Artisans need
to take the time to look up the judges, to talk to them, to get the opinions
of the Laruels.  It doesn't have to be a Laurel in your area of
expertise.....ask them how to display better, ask them how to document
better.  Just plain talk to the Laurels, get to know them, get to know what
they do.  Anyway I'm ranting.  The majority of the Laurels I know will take
the time to talk to you, but we need to *know* you need help.  Speak up ask
opinions, seek advice.

Going back lurking now......

Mara OL