ANST - Terracotta Sculpture

marsha.greene at mpan.com marsha.greene at mpan.com
Wed May 19 13:09:00 PDT 1999

If you are in the Houston area in the future, you may want to check out a
tourist site in Katy. (just west of Houston) .  "The Forbidden Garden"   is
a reproduction of a Chinese garden in the Orient, with stone statuaries of
soldiers (I believe they are terracotta), that I believe are on the line of
what 'wolf was noting from the Kimbell museum.  I have not been there
myself yet, but everyone who has says its fabulous.   Each soldier is
unique in face and form.    I have ordered a brocure from them today, and
will advise of times and hours if wanted.    Hillary

On 19 May 99, at 3:14, Nathan W. Jones wrote:

> Chiang wrote:
> > Hey Gio! Ever heard of the First Emperor's tomb? There are several
> >thousand examples of terra cotta there. There have been tons of books
and
> >documentaries on it.
>
> Umm...no, I haven't heard of the First Emperor's Tomb.  Is it
> Egyptian?

'wolf said:
"Chinese i think ... if not mistaken he's speaking of the army of life-size
terra cotta soldiers set to guard the tomb (went to see an exhibit at the
Kimbell several years back from that tomb including quite a few of the
warrior
statues ...)"