[ANST - A clarification (was Rant)]

Screamin Gael screamingael at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 17:00:53 PDT 1999

>Please don't do anything you may regret later.

wasn't planning on it, was simply re-evaluating how much of my input I
should share with the mailing list, if any. Was hoping to avoid people who
will make an arguement out of anything on this list.

As for the following, thats exactly the point I was trying to make, and I
appreciate your doing so in a more eloquent fashion than I.

PS: the gentleman who died comitted murder-suicide after a series of
incidents wherin he watched the noble ideals he had attributed to a certain
group he was a loyal (near fanatical) member of debunked and the group
portraid as a corrupt satanic organization by a certain PHD'd historian
bucking for tenyer.

>Human history has never been unalloyed.  Both good and evil have always
>been
>intertwined in all human endeavors.  In the Crusades, I am sure there were
>people really motivated by religious zeal as well as those motivated by
>hunger
>for land or loot.  That mix always happens.  It does not cheapen the value
>of
>the things legends can teach us.  Even if we kow the truth of history, that
>doesn't mean we can't keep working for something better.
<snip>