ANST - A clarification (was Rant)

Screamin Gael screamingael at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 17:11:48 PDT 1999

THANK YOU, SOME ONE FINALLY GOT IT!!! I'm happy now!
(more below)

>It seems to me, that what the ranting Gentleman was espousing was that he
>would rather see the SCA as a group that CELEBRATES  the best ideals  and
>the coolest realities of the time we target, rather than insisting on (far
>beyond merely acknowledging) the often seamy truth.  He seemed to lament
>with a heavy heart that media all too often zero in on the ill of a culture
>in order to make more "real" to a 20th Century TV audience a culture that
>was quite remarkably noble, despite a savage reputation.
>
>If this is so, then I join him in his view of the SCA and sympathize with
>his dilemma, though I do not share his level of emotion about the issue.
>

>Kazimir Petrovich

People keep popping up with arguements that point to the fact that they
think I'm promoting living a lie, I'm not. The above is the most eloquent,
and accurate, way of presenting what I've been trying to say. Thanks to
these people, my faith in the Society has been restored

Breandan Mac Aodha Bhui