ANST - RE: Looking for the heat....READY to FLAME-ON!!!

karl muller apophysis at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 07:28:06 PDT 1999

>From: "Lorraine and/or Kief" <deer_kief at hotmail.com>
>To: ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
>Subject: Re: ANST - RE: Looking for the heat....READY to FLAME-ON!!!
>Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 22:03:46 PDT
>
>Heilsa all Ansteorrans Good and True...
>
>Karl Muller spoke words that sounded somewhat like this:
>
>>>1) Merchants that enter their wares in A&S competitions.
>>
>>it should be for sale or a&s. not both at the as event.
>
>And why not, pray give us your wisdom... To me, a merchant that has the
>time
>and ability to produce quality goods for sale AND display is one that
>should
>be a standard to follow. What you are saying, in effect, is that you can
>either display one's "artistic work" or "soil one's hands being a
>merchant"

i'm sorry. i must have been out when you mis-read what i said. there is
nothing wrong with being a merchant. i've done it myself. how can i look
down at something i enjoy doing? what "I" said was that "I" do not think an
item should be in an a&s competition AND be for sale at the same event. if a
person, merchant or not, wants to do so, let them. but "I" would not do it.
that was "MY" opinion. that does not mean "I" insist it should be my way.

>>>2) A&S event steward competing in the competition.
>>
>>not a good idea. if he or she wins, it looks suspicious.
>
>Suspicious....?????!!!!! Of what??????!!!!!! (See above rant and modify it
>to fit this space.... Please substitute "harried steward" for "merchant"
>and
>fiddle with the time frame...) Pray tell us exactly _why_ it looks
>suspicious...... *SHEESH!*

if a person enters a competition, there's a good chance that person  wants
to win. if this person who wants to win assigns the judges, he or she will
very likely appoint friends. and if that person wins, did he or she win
because the item was the best? or did he or she win because the judges were
friends of the winner? there will always be persons who will ask the
question. and spread their suspicions. do you want your reputation and
honesty to be questioned.
"I" don't. "MY" name, "MY" honor and "MY" reputation are all that really
matter to me. "I" will not do anything to give anybody a reason to doubt any
of them.
but then that is "MY PERSONAL" opinion. if you wish to agree with them,
fine. if you do not, fine. we all have the right to our "PERSONAL" opinions.
now, if you misunderstood my last statements, i'm sorry. that's one of the
problems with short answers. but with short answers is the way i usually
speak. after four decades of having to fight just for the right to exist, to
be here, curtness has becomes a habit. and try as hard as i might, i just
can't seem to make the harshness in my heart to go away.
for that , I apologize.
km