ANST - [Fwd: RN- Gulf War date corrections]

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu May 27 09:00:55 PDT 1999

> I though that Wars are not allowed to be held in the kingdom of the
> two combatant sides (i.e. it must be on a nuetral site)?  Is this
>just at convention or a rule?
>
> Jean Paul de Sens

Greetings Jean Paul,

Definitely not a rule and as far as I know only a convention at
Gulf Wars. Until recently when the area where Pennsic is fought
was formed into a new kingdom, the biggest event in the SCA was
fought in one of the two principle combatant kingdoms (The East).

When the Outlands/Ansteorra Wars were fought, I believe it rotated
from one kingdom to the other.

When the kingdoms of Atlantia, Trimaris and Meridies were holding
their three-way wars there was no nearby neutral territory. I'm
not sure where exactly they were held.

I'm not sure who the combatant kingdoms are at Estrella, Atenveldt,
Caid and the Outlands? But this has been held near Phoenix which
is the heart of Atenveldt, definitely one of the combatant
kingdoms.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net