ANST - Re:good news - not really

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Thu May 27 12:48:11 PDT 1999

> http://www.theonion.com/onion3520/sca_siezes_russia.html

good news??? i think not ...

basic rule in world conquest 101: the easy part is teh conquest, but now that
you've got it, you are responsible for it and have to manage it ... and that's
the point that usually destroys you as a distinct cultural entity.

and something most have missed, the winters there are brutal!  and the economy
is kaput (good resources though ...), lot's of ecological problems, failing
infrastructure, hungry people ....

anyroad, before planning military campaign's in that direction, one should
study the disasters of the french and germans who tried it once before ...
first rule that all wargamers learn at some point *never* invade russia or the
balkans ...

On 27 May 99, at 11:46, Karen wrote:

> Timo thinks:
> ....personally, I think Ansteorra should claim the Balkans region
> <<<<<<<<
> Are you crazy?  They are shooting each other there, with GUNPOWDER!
> Surely there is somewhere else . . .I know . . .CHINA!!  Home of spices
> and firecrackers!  What do you think?
>
> Tyrca

worse than the use of simple advanced *guns*, they're using evolved cannon,
rockets, and dropping *huge* bombs from their flying machines.  and heard that
the fire-spitting "dragon flies" and armoured "land-crawlers" are being readied
... heard that the renown "Magic Dragon's" of another era's war have been
deployed.

and veiled threats are being bandied about that use of the dreaded "sun-fire"
bombs are possible.

evolved primates are such silly creatures ...

'wolf
... evolution in action: reliance on a sword in a gun-fight

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)