ANST - supply sources ....

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Thu May 27 14:26:22 PDT 1999

On 27 May 99, at 14:40, Lisa Sawyer wrote:

> >The Emmaus Book Store on Barnet Rd.  (North)  Has a better supply and is
> less expensive.

perk!

> >I don't know the name of the road, but if you come into Austin on 290
> >from Houston, keepgoing straight under the I-35 overpass.  (If you stay
> >on 290 you will have to turn  left onto I-35, don't do this)

290 technically turns south and becomes IH35 to the other side of teh river and
goes west again ... but the turnoff to IH35 is optional, the main lanes go
straight through to the west with a series of name changes (Koenig, Northland,
2222, ...).

warning though, there's some construction going on underneath the IH35 overpass
that has blocked the left lane.  unfortunately, it's obscurred by a hill and
the signs are currently placed *badly* so that by the time you can see that the
lane is closed, you're dumped into the middle lane.

> .... Follow that road to Barnet Rd.

"Burnet" if looking on a map

290 becomes Koenig (undivided 4 lane) ... first major intersection you come to
will be Lamar (through a couple of lights) go on  through.  next major
intersection will be Burnet (two intervening lights)

> .... At that intersectioin there is a 7-11(?) on the near rilght hand corner.
> The Emmaus book store is in the mini-mall attached to it hidden back in a
> corner.

thanks for the lead, it's in my neighborhood, i'm over there 4-5 times a week
for other things and i've have never noted it in the 18plus years i've lived
here ...

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)