ANST - [Fwd: RN- Gulf War date corrections]

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri May 28 05:31:59 PDT 1999

leigh- at primenet.com (leigh- at primenet.com) said something that sounded like:
> In the scenario of GW the more accurate terms, in my opinion,
> would be owner (as opposed to "host") and customer (as opposed to "guest")
> and, as we all know, in the realm of business the _customer_ is right.

Do you honestly believe that?

If I want to rent it for less than they want to, do I get my way?
If I want to rent it when someone else is already renting it, do I get my way?
If the site is closed, do I get my way?
If the site does not have staff, do I get my way?
If I do no listen to the autocrat, do I get my way?
If I am rude, do I get my way?

The "correct" answer to all of those is no btw.

While things can be negotiated, there are some items that are
non-negotiable. Just as we are their customer, everytime you show up at
an SCA event, you are the customer of the site. That does not mean that
you do what you want, there are still guidelines that guests, even if
they are customers, must follow.

Ciao,