ANST - Please send input

Keith Hood hoodkl at netscape.net
Fri May 28 16:37:35 PDT 1999

I have begun trying to put together a definitive (or close to definitive) list
of sources for materiel needed for SCA weapons.  I have already collected some
information on things like suppliers of combat-weight bows,  but I would like
to expand the list to include all sorts of things:  sellers of foils and
Schlager blades, rattan importers, stores that carry fletching equipment,
companies that carry pultruded fiberglass legal for spears, etc.

If anyone knows a supplier of these types of items, please let me know so I
can list it on a Web site.  I need all the usual information:  names and
addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses.  I could also use some idea of
prices and availability.

Of course, since this is meant for the populace of Ansteorra, the focus is on
outlets in this kingdom.  But, we may as well include out-of-kingdom suppliers
for the harder to find items like arrow shaft fiberglass (already got one
contact for that, but send the information anyway in case someone knows a
different place).

So if you have such information, please send it so I can set it up where
everyone can find it.  And make more arrows--at the next War we're likely to
be badly outnumbered so we'll need all the throw weight we can get.

    Tomonaga

------

A long bow and a stong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.
The nock to the cord, the shaft to the ear,
And a foreign king for a mark!

     --  Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra