ANST - Ranting over Gulf War dates and Business practices

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Fri May 28 16:52:37 PDT 1999

If I were a land owner and rented it out and gave ten months notice about
changing the date I feel that should be plenty. If you don't like it look
for some thing else. And I will try to find other uses for my land. There
are not that meany sites around and there are other groups that could use my
site.

>But you are wrong.  The people discussing this are not talking about the
>SCA event staff.  They are commenting on the fact that the event SITE
>owners are asking the SCA to change the dates for their convenience.  If
>you rent a place for a certain set of dates shouldn't you be obligated to
>have the site available on those dates?  Our expectations were high because
>we were told that the dates were set - in a normal event the agreement is
>reached and contracts are signed before the dates are announced.
>

>>I've found that a pretty good test of behavior is whether I'd like it done
>to me. If any of us went to the trouble, work, sleepless nights, long
>hours, etc that a war requires - what would we think if our guests began
>acting like we are acting now?!  The people we are working for... our
>friends...   lets not forget this, folks.
>>
>>Stop and think a moment - our expectations seem to be high because the War
>has been so well run in the past!!  We've all had a grand time there, and
>the idea of missing it makes us angry... maybe we should stop and think a
>moment that the people organizing it know what they are doing and are not
>out to "get us?"  There's no conspiracy that I can see... how about you?

Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra