ANST - Ranting over Gulf War dates and Business practices

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Sat May 29 08:42:34 PDT 1999

In a message dated 99-05-28 16:34:12 EDT,  Herr Manfred von Wolf writes:

<<  maybe we should stop and think a moment that the people organizing it
know what they are doing and are not out to "get us?"  There's no conspiracy
that I can see... how about you?>>

 Last year was the first War I missed because of my new teaching job.  I was
upset but survived.  Looks like I'll be missing this year too! OH WELL.  My
life will go on, may not be happy but I will survive.  I know that we all
enjoy going to Gulf War because it is as much fun as going to Pensic
(almost).  But the bottom line is , This is not Burger King- we don't always
get it our way.  The first couple of years- GW1 and GW2- were pretty much our
years to win- after that it became much more even as far as the compitition.
Now perhaps the pendulum has begun to swing against our favor.  If there is a
conspriracy, it may be one that we can not control. The good news is, that as
the pendulum swings one way, eventually it will swing back.  If my 53 years
of life has taught me anything , it is that you must be able to wait for the
pendulum to change.
 Yes - We ALL would love to to to next years Gulf Wars- but it might not
happen for everyone.  Those that get to go- come back and tell us how well
the kingdom did- even if against overwhelming odds.  When Trimais brought
about 30 fighters to Gulf War 1 to face our 150 fighters, they knew what the
outcome would be.  But I think every one in Ansteorra's army admired and
respected the Trimarians for fielding their overwhelmed army against ours.
BUT- they had come to have FUN and enjoy the battles, and although they lost
the battles at Gulf War 1, they really won because of their courage and
honor.  If there is a conspiracy- it is one of taking the FUN out of  Gulf
Wars.  It doesn't really matter who wins or loses -just have a good time.
Those of you who get to go- have a great time.  Come back and tell us your
NSTIW stories.  Those of you who don't get to go this year ( like me), just
wait- your turn will come soon.

More ramblings of the old man
Baron Bors