ANST - RE: ANST - RE: ANST - Protégés

jonwillowpel at juno.com jonwillowpel at juno.com
Tue Nov 2 17:32:57 PST 1999

When I was in other kingdoms than Ansteorra I saw situations in those
kingdom that suggested that the only way you could get a peerage was to
be an associate of a peer. In this kingdom we have always maintained that
you could get a peerage as your own man. You did not have to wear a belt.
As we have moved toward the SCA norm more and more  peers are only
training and teaching those who they think have potential. Very few are
willing to train the general populous. Their associate take up all their
time.  Maybe it would be better if there were no associates and we spent
all our time training everybody.
Willow