ANST - History of Awards

jonwillowpel at juno.com jonwillowpel at juno.com
Tue Nov 2 01:06:22 PST 1999

Jonathan and Willow created the Sable Crane when they were the crown of
Ansterorra the second time. Isabella of the two Towers was the first one
to receive it . During Jonathan and Willow first reign in Ansteorra which
was the first reign they  create the Loins of Ansteorra  which was
patterned after the Loins of Atenvelt which they also created. They
started the Iris and the Thistle ,the Star of Merit, the Queen's glove
and the King's Gauntlet ( Which was the first personal service award for
a king. Up until that time the Kings just gave out the kingdom service
award but since our kingdom was jointly ruled the king needed a service
award.) They carried over the Cavaliers ( which had been created by Simon
and Tessa and signed into law by Jonathan during his reign as king of
Atenvelt.)  but didn't give any out during their reign do to problems
with the name.  Lloyd and Jocelyn  changed the Cavaliers into the White
Scarf making  it into a grant level award.  Lloyd and Jocelyn were the
first king and queen to give that award out.  The other awards mentioned
where read at court to make them legal and given out in the first reign.
Due to the shortness of the reign they were not published. At that time
it was not necessary to publish awards to make them legal. Lloyd and
Jocelyn published the awards. They changed the Iris and Star to grant
level at that time.

Frank the Fearless