ANST - Some facts (was "Fwd: FW: Just Say No!")

Michael Tucker michaelt at neosoft.com
Thu Nov 11 13:05:02 PST 1999

Hi, folks:

I hope this gets in under the wire before Pug has to kill the thread... (*grin*)

For those of you who care, I have some factual information related to this
thread, which I agree doesn't belong here, but... well... here we are.

Fact 1:
Jane Fonda has _already_ been conferred this award. Ladies Home Journal
published a list of the "100 Most Important Women of the 20th Century". Here's
the URL:

<http://www.lhj.com/sfeatures/100women/index.htm>

Personally, this makes me sad, and angry. I can't fathom how she got included
among the likes of Mother Teresa and Indira Gandhi, especially since her "most
important" contribution is her workout videos, according to the folks at Ladies
Home Journal. If you want to know what I've written about that (to the
publishers of Ladies Home Journal), write to me privately.

Fact 2:
Most of the "facts" in the post that Toshiro forwarded are unfortunately "urban
legends" (no offense to Toshiro, his heart was in the right place). Yes, Jane
Fonda (a.k.a. "Hanoi Jane") actively participated in North Vietnamese
propaganda, and is a traitor to this country in the eyes of a lot of folks. But
she just didn't do most of what's in that post (which has been making the rounds
of the Internet for years). Here's a link that explains in further detail:

<http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/culture/beliefs/urbanlegends/library/weekly/aa110399b.htm>

I will have nothing further to say about this topic on _this_ forum, which is
properly reserved for subjects related to Life In These Current Middle Ages
(tm). My apologies to those who couldn't care less about this thread. On the
other hand, you were warned by the subject, and there's always that handy-dandy
"delete" key. :-)

Yours in the interests of serving the truth,
Michael Silverhands