ANST - Thigh High Boots

Brent Hanner behanner at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 17 19:10:05 PST 1999

YTHmin at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/17/99, 5:31:15 PM, ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG writes:
> <<For which period are you wanting to do them in?>>
>
> picky picky picky
> To rephrase the question
> Are thigh High boots proper attire for the time period which the society
> covers ?

the earliest I've seen evidence for them is some time durring the 14th
century.
But the question that was asked is very important.  Would a knight on
the first
crusade be wearing a pair? No (unless someone has evidence I've never
seen which
is posible)  but a 15th century Geramn?   Yes.

Peder

--
"It has to be this way," I said, "and truely I shall soon be dead
for here shall I give up my life since I have lost the lovely wife

Service of Ladies by Ulrich von Lichtenstien