ANST - Fwd: [Re: [IR] Young Liar]

Michael Tucker michaelt at neosoft.com
Fri Nov 19 09:17:14 PST 1999

This type of thing seems to be very common in the SCA. When Patrick Michael
Gordonne and Julia de Montoya were King and Queen of Ansteorra (their third
reign, I think), one of their young sons got in trouble at school for "lying".
Same song, different verse: his teachers asked him what his mommy and daddy did,
and he told them they were the King and Queen, and his daddy was a Knight. Well,
of course that _couldn't_ be true, so straight to the principal's office they
went. A couple of "parent-teacher conferences" cleared everything up, but I bet
this has happened to a lot of crowns with young children.

It's funny in a way, but it's also sad that teachers are so used to hearing
fabrications that they assume an improbable story is false until proven otherwise.

Yours,
Michael Silverhands