ANST - clothing vs garb .... was: Stop ... was Young Liar .... was ...

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Mon Nov 22 13:02:49 PST 1999

On 22 Nov 99, at 10:31, Rhonda New wrote:

> I, too, enjoy the stories.  Almost as much as I love going into a
> WalMart or other store in garb.  ...

never much cared to play the "freak the mundane" game that so many love ....
tends to attract to much negative attention at times, and was always trained to
dress for the environment to move easily within it.  usually found it simpler
and more prudent to change into "civies" and made sure all steel was left
secured before beer / food / supply runs.

being a "harley cynn" (grin), always enjoyed coming up with stuff that wasn't
quite "mundane", not quite "scadian", but that served the environment (two
wheeling) and could fit into both worlds but was not quite either ...
"clothing" vs. "costume" (needs of reality vs/ theatrics ... a personal opinion
/ perspective)

one of the draws of SCA, always saw value in the "current" and "creative" part
of the SCAdian definitions .... produces good creative challenges, how to make
the old ways fit in with the present / practical world.

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)