ANST - clothing vs garb

Robert Singleton slugmusk at alias.flash.net
Mon Nov 22 20:22:37 PST 1999

jhartel wrote:

> realizing the area we were in, we went in garb, some packing small daggers as part
> of that garb.  The Vider police showed up at the small drive-in grocery, ID-ed us
> all and followed us back to the park where the event used to be held. It was not a
> pleasant experience.  One of the friends had no ID and the cops were not very
> polite about that.

Well, there's "freaking the mundanes" and "breaking the law".

Rule 1: Leave your steel in camp. If you are daytripping, leave the
steel with trusted people or at least in the trunk of the car. It's
still illegal there, but it's not obvious.

Rule 2: Having your ID on you, even in garb, is a good idea.

Sluggy

Robert Singleton

Lord Robert of Slugglen
House Mac An Ghabhann
Canton of Loch Ruadh
Kingdom of Ansteorra
Planet Earth
The Sol System
The Milky Way
Universe Unspecified

We've all heard that a million monkeys, banging on a million
typewriters,
will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now,thanks to
the Internet, we know that this is not true.

						---Robert Wilensky