ANST - life during the droughts

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Nov 11 15:24:32 PST 1999

> Greetings from Baroness Xene,
>
> Wonderful questions, 'wolf!!!  Thank you for asking them.

I happen to agree with both Blackwolf and Baroness Xene. And for those
who think that these fire dangers are being overplayed, despite several
examples given by Baroness Xene and Baroness Ulrike, check these reports
about Pennsic in the PENNSIC section of my Florilegium:
P19-fire-rpt.art  (12K)  9/ 1/90    Baron Durr's fire report for Pennsic XIX.
P23-fire-rpt      (27K)  9/30/94    Baron Durr's fire report for Pennsic XXIII.
P24-fire-rpt      (27K) 11/ 9/95    Baron Durr's fire report for Pennsic XXIV.

Though these are now a bit dated, as Baron Durr is no longer posting annual
Pennsic fire reports, they are still good examples of what to look for as
autocrats and what can happen when things go wrong.

Another file which might be of use, in the same area is:
Fire-Book-no-pics (23K)  1/12/96    Baron Durr's Guide to Safe Fire Use. (with
                                       pictures removed for easy file transfer.)

For those concerned about having a safe firepit area for cooking, you might
be interested in this files in the SCA-CAMPING section:
firepits-msg       (6K)  7/ 2/99    Useful ideas for firepits.

The new URL for the Florilegium is: http://www.florilegium.org

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net