ANST - Childrens Activities

YTHmin at aol.com YTHmin at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 05:44:06 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/13/99, 7:29:21 PM, ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG writes:
<<Greetings all!
I would like to know where I might find a good resource for childrens
activities that are at least semi-period.  ANY help with this will be more
than greatly appreciated.  Keep in mind I am looking for indoor activites as
the event they will be used at is in February. Thank you.

Lady Aerin of Adlersruhe (MKA Melinda Kinser)
Event Steward of Bards & Arts IV>>

Here are a few ideas, if you need specifics e mail me
make coins using plaster,
make paper and ink and then write a letter and seal it with wax ( teach
caligraphy and the next thing you know you have your own scroll making work
force )
make pouches out of leather ( if you can get leather punches - it's even
better)
make jester batons ( a neat thing to do - work well with younger kids as well
as older kids)
make hats out of paper ( or paper mache )
make garland wreaths
make period game boards, let the kids decorate them and then store them for
use at other events
make decks of cards, once again let the kids decorate them, make stamps out
of potatoes and stamp the cards- thats always fun

Steve