ANST - Fwd: [Re: [IR] Young Liar]

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Nov 18 13:40:38 PST 1999

Dennis Grace wrote:
> Lyonel aisai.
>
> I'm forwarding this (unedited) from the Iron Rose list.  I though Stefan
> might want a copy for his Florilegium
>

> Subject: Re: [IR] Young Liar
> Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:41:12 -0500
> From: "Guilford" <oakenwood at mediaone.net>
> To: <ironrose at webmaster.com>
>
> I was on the edge of this, just arriving in society when it was happening. I
> did not participate in it, but did witness the preperation and after
> efffects.
>
> Okay List, here goes...
<snip>

Thank you Lyonel. Yes, this will make an excellant addition to my
child-stories-msg file. Similar situations have happened multiple times
through the SCA's history but this is probably the most comprehensive
telling of such a story that I have seen.

I also have a wide variety of other such SCA stories. While some are
undoubtably urban legends and never happened, I have enough details from
multiple people in some cases to feel that many actually happened
although
perhaps they were elaborated upon later.

For those who might be interested in such stories check these files in
the SCA-STORIES section of my Florilegium:
border-stories-msg (36K) 1/ 9/97    Crossing international borders for SCA
                                      events.
child-stories-msg (34K) 10/23/97    Stories of SCA children.
placenames-msg   (131K)  9/ 3/99    Origins and meanings of SCA placenames.
SCA-authors-msg   (36K) 12/16/94    Authors who have been/are SCA members.
SCA-noteables-msg (18K)  3/24/97    20th century noteables in the SCA.
SCA-stories1-msg  (95K)  4/27/94    SCA stories related before 5/1/94.
SCA-stories2-msg (150K)  2/22/99    SCA stories related after 5/1/94.
vanity-plates-msg (50K) 10/19/98    SCA vanity auto license plates.
you-know-msg      (99K)  5/13/99    You know you're in the SCA when...

Oh yes, the address of the Florilegium is: http://www.florilegium.org

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net