ANST - Fwd: [Re: [IR] Young Liar]

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Fri Nov 19 14:24:24 PST 1999

Michael Tucker wrote:

> It's funny in a way, but it's also sad that teachers are so used to hearing
> fabrications that they assume an improbable story is false until proven otherwise.

And it's not just the SCA.  A friend of ours had to go to school because her (7? 8?
year old) daughter had told a story about riding in a hot air balloon.  The teacher
told the mother not to punish the child, "she's not lying, she's just using her
imagination."  To which mom replied, "she's not lying, she's using her memory."  I'm
sure all the "fringe" activities get the same problem.  Heaven forbid people actually
have hobbies.

--Perronnelle

--
A Pragmatist is:  Someone who doesn't see a glass half empty or half full -- just
twice as damn big as it needs to be!  --Gary Tolbert