ANST - SCA Partially Responsible for Y2K Craze?

Kingdom Seneschal of Ansteorra kingsen at ionet.net
Tue Nov 30 06:45:23 PST 1999

At 12:46 AM 11/30/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Greetings!
>    Over the recent holiday, I visited with a sister who is a secondary
>teacher. She told me of a news account, which may have been CNN or
>MSNBC, that may have blamed the SCA for at least part of the Y2K place
>in the public image. I don't remember all the particulars, but I think
>she said something of the report talking of how we re-create a favorable
>image of the Middle Ages, instead of all the grim details from the era.
>    Pardon me if somebody else has already posted on this. If not, did
>any of you see it and have further details?
>
>    Valstarr Hawkwind
>
>Q: Y-2-K?
>A: Because it has to be SOME time!?!

The SCA was mentioned in a report that was on ABC Nightline on Wednesday,
November 24, 1999.  The Report was on the events surrounding the change of
the millennium in 999-1000 or Y1K.  We were mentioned in a very positive
way and had about 2 minutes total of film shown from the Pennsic war.  The
trust of the piece was discussing whether or not the people in 999 knew
about the change in the millennium and what the social effects were on the
lives.

In Service to the Dream

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald , OP
Kingdom Seneschal for Ansteorra