ANST - Re: [STEPS] Proposal for a fourth Peerage(long) (nl)

Patrick Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Fri Oct 1 07:09:07 PDT 1999

> Oh...then when every Laurel I know comes up to me and says
> something like, "DO
> SOMETHING OTHER THAN JUST STAINED GLASS,"  I can tell them
> that I fight rapier?
> Somehow...I don't think that they'll be convinced...  ;)
>
> HL Isobel

You are probably correct if you tell them that you just "fight"
rapier.  If you tell them that you study the various forms used
in period for Rapier combat, including the clothing and armor
that was a compliment to that era, and you teach these things
to others within the community--well then they would probably be
a tad more forthcoming.

Just about everyone I know who fights or has fought rapier also
studies the above areas.  However, many of them sell themselves
short by not letting people know there is more to it that on
the list field. In many cases, it's a matter of not letting that
light shine only under a bushel.

Just my opinion, post not bills, besides--I had a note from
her mother, this means you!

Petruccio