ANST - Re: [STEPS] Proposal for a fourth Peerage(long) (nl)

jonwillowpel at juno.com jonwillowpel at juno.com
Sat Oct 2 19:53:53 PDT 1999

In the past we have not put Rapier fighting under the Laurel because we
have been hoping for it to get put under knighthood or separate category
under the Chivalry. It is a fighting art. A long time ago my husband and
I had the choice of putting rapier fighting under the Laurel. Master
Tivar was voted into the Laurel and the Pelican for his work in the
rapier community. Duke Jonathan , then King Jonathan, gave him the choice
of what he wanted. Jonathan explained that if Rapier fighting was put
under the Laurel it would never be thought of as part of the Chivalry.
Master Tivar chose the Pelican. I feel this was the right decision even
today and hope in near future that rapier fighters will be recognize as
members of the Chivalry. ( As a historical note Duke Jonathan de Laufyson
was the king that signed in the first light fighting rules.
Duchess Willow de Wisp