[ANST - Texas Assoc. of Living History...]

Lorraine and/or Kief deer_kief at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 14:24:10 PDT 1999

Heilsa Tomonaga...

You wrote good words:

>I just took a quick read through the Corpora, and I can't see anything in
>there that I consider forbidding working with the proposed TALHR.  I
>suppose
>the first specification in Kingdom law describing the function of the
>Seneschal could be interpreted to mean that the Seneschal is responsible
>for
>all coordination with government entities.  In any case, the First
>Amendment
>to the Constitution of the United States of America states that all
>Americans
>have the right to free speech.  Corpora and kingdom law can't infringe on
>that.

That's the case... Unless a warranted Seneschal attends and reports up the
chain-of-command, nothing "official" could be done. However, as long as any
SCA attendees voice their concerns on weaponry, ceremony, dress and demeanor
issues, we will not be part of the process.... We need to be part of any
legislative "watch dog" group that would help protect the way we "play our
game".

>I agree with the thoughts expressed in the original message that was
>forwarded
>by Sir Kief.  If the SCA doesn't have people involved in working out how
>the
>TPWD sets up its usage guidelines, then any concerns we may have in this
>matter may not be represented.

After all, as the original message
>pointed out, people need to get involved in government business if we are
>have really representative government.  Camp Mabry is maybe 3 miles from
>where
>I live.  I think I'll try to attend the meeting and see what comes up (as a
>private citizen).

Thank you Tomonaga...!! I cannot attend this gathering and I was hoping that
someone with an eye for detail and a level head would attend...!

>    Tomonaga

Waes Thu Hael kinsman...
Kief av Kiersted
"Better the Hammer than the nail..."