ANST - Archaeological Fishhooks

KTMC ktmc at icok.net
Mon Oct 11 07:42:28 PDT 1999

Happy, Happy Monday to the List! (Wait, are some of you grumbling?) :)

Marc?Diarmaid posted concerning metal fish hooks in the Middle Ages. I
have a book at home I'll get and make available. It's a translation of a
15th century treatise on angling. You may be intersted, Diarmaid, in
knowing that they were made from (I don't have the book with me,) a
shoe-maker's needle (or something closely named) and worked with an
anvil and forge. I was thinking of doing a Kingdom A&S entry on some
period flies and I was thinking of contacting YOU to see how I could get
some of the needles. I'll get the book and get back with you.

   And now, we return you to a Happy, Happy Monndayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
Valstarr