ANST - Re: ansteorra V1 #2049

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 21:04:05 PDT 1999

I will attest to the fact that Sir Thorgierr is indeed active, although in
somewhat reduced attendance here in Ansteorra.  And no, we have not moved to
another Kingdom, but live in Elfsea (life is good in Elfsea) and have for a
little over a year.

He has not been as visible lately because of his schedule with the FAA
(rotating shiftwork doesn't always take weekends into account) the fact that
right now he is in a 13 week school in Oklahoma City, which precludes a lot of
traveling, and the fact that he has a serious back problem that shortens his
ability to be in armor.

My question for those of us rather "soapboxy" is, when a peer has life step in
and interfere with participation with this game, do you then expect them to
resign their peerage?  Are they not still peers even though they are not
financially or physically able to attend events or be seen by nose-counters?

I am not trying to start a flame war, or step on toes, as I am not a peer.  But
when we begin drawing lines that include "Peers are people who always teach and
attend everything", I start to have a problem with that.

Thorgierr didn't bring his armor to Namron Protectorate because I had
volunteered in the kitchen, and he promised to help me attend to our children
while I chopped carrots and hustled to get the food out of the kitchen hot and
tasty.  Isn't that also the sign of a peer?

Tyrca (who's right thumb still has no feeling from so much knifework in the
kitchen Saturday!  Remember, we do this for fun!!)