ANST - Lists of Peers, the next generation, or deep south 35, or voyageur...

Zimmermann, Lenny zimmerml at kci1.com
Thu Oct 14 15:21:57 PDT 1999

Sir Galen wrote (after I snipped his reasoning to Boyarin Kazimir's relating
suggestions on the topic of recognition for those with "peer qualities" in
areas not, apparently, recognized otherwise):
> To think that _every_ possible SCA activity should be able to
> recognized by a peerage seems to me to be a fallacy.

Why? Is there a specific reason that only if you fight with rattan in
tournaments you should be allowed to be a peer? Or only if you participate
in what is currently being considered the "Arts & Sciences" by the current
Laurelate? Or only if you provide the kinds of service currently being
recognized by the Order of the Pelican? I know I can think of numerous
individuals I would easily consider "Peers" who will never be recognized as
such because they don't quite "fit" into one of the above categories because
of whatever their "primary" activity is. So even though such individuals
could provide a truly positive culture and input into one of the Peerage
Orders, they should not be considered because their main area of activity is
not one that can be easily pigeonholed? All of these may be way off from
what you are considering a fallacy, good Sir, so I would be interested in
hearing your views in greater detail. They may be just the thing to show why
we should maintain the status-quo.

Honos Servio,
Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
(Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio)