ANST - what makes peerage mportant?

Russell Husted husted at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 15 07:58:58 PDT 1999

>So, just what makes peerage important, anyway? - Galen<

To me, a person who has only been in the SCA for 2 years, the peerage is
important because it gives me easy knoweldge of who to look to for help and
guidence.

I look up to peers, as well as many others, but specifically peers because
they are recognized by more than just myself as being a person with great
knowledge or skill.

My children know, that if some form of emergency were to happen at an event
and I am unavailible, ie: marshaling a melee in the woods, go to a white
belt. They know this because, although I may be wrong, I believe all belts
to have a high level of integrity and I can trust them to take care of the
problem.

It does upset me to some exstent that some of the people I look up to are
not considered equals with the others I look up to. And if you say that
being a white scarf is equal recognition as being a knight, there is
somebody out there who will remind any white scarf that they are not a peer.

Why are peers important, we all need people to look up to and it helps to
know who they are.

humbly
mahee

ps. this is not ment as any form of flame, please do not take it as such.