ANST - What is a Peer?

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Fri Oct 15 13:41:28 PDT 1999

> > Quit worrying about awards...
>
> Advice you'll hear only from people who already have tons of awards.
> The gullible are their natural prey.

Although most of what Master Tidhg has said is harsh truth, I have to
disagree on this statement.

Until this year I have been one of the least awarded-long-time-members in
this area.  After thirteen years of playing, eleven of them here, I had two
Thistles and a Sable Comet.  Both are AOA level awards.  I don't think that
you can label me as "people who already have tons of awards", yet I have
fought for the ideal of not worrying about the awards.  I truly believe that
once you start worrying about the award you are not only forgetting why you
started to play, but leading yourself into a bitterness that NO award will
ever remove.

Alys.