ANST - Masters..., and then there are Masters

Don Christian Doré jtc at io.com
Sun Oct 17 08:20:39 PDT 1999

On 15 Oct 99, at 18:27, Brent & Susan Rachel wrote:

> My research into the same matters has yielded a MUCH different result.
> You have synthesized several vastly different kinds of masters above.

I will also point out that SCAers tend to have a very Anglo-centric view of the
SCA's time period of focus. Concepts like the like the middle class Master of
Defence and the yeoman archer are very, very English concepts. The French
were quite appalled at these ideas, which cost them dearly at such battles as
Agincourt and Crécy. Drift further afield, such as the Arabic nations, and
these ideas break down further.

We are not, thank the Lord, all English!

Doré