ANST - looks, walks, and quacks like a duck, but its green

Russell Husted husted at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 07:40:45 PDT 1999

Wolf, I agree, I will always give respect where respect is due, award or no.
Galen, I agree that you cannot really make a check list to qualify someone
as a peer. I also agree that one should not worry about their own awards,
they happen or don't.

But let me ask the question this way,

It looks like a knight, acts like a knight, and talks like a knight, but
doesn't use a stick to fight.

It looks like a Laurel, acts like a Laurel, and talks like a Laurel, but
uses a weapon of war as a tool for their art.

It looks like a Pelecan, acts like a Pelecan, and works(having noticed many
pelecan work more than talk)like a pelecan, but with weapons of war and the
people who use them instead of working events, holding office or the
thousands of other services they do.

I am not saying make a guy a Knight, Laurel, or Pelecan because he runs
through the woods every year at war and tells the king what he sees. I am
not saying make a guy a Knight, Laurel, or Pelecan because he uses a rapier
expertly.

I am talking about the one the Pelecans say that the chivalric should
recognize, the Chivalrics say that the Laurels should recognize, and the
Laurels say that the pelecans should recognize.

Basicaly, the peer that is left out because he does not quite fit in.

I am young in the society and so I am not talking about me in any way. All I
ask is those of you who have been in a long time think about those of your
friends who have fallen between the cracks. Those we respect a lot, but do
not quite fit the mold and therefore never get the recognition of being the
peer they are.

sincerely,
mahee of acre

thank you for listening.