ANST - Patents

Tim Lozos timden at lcc.net
Mon Oct 18 14:38:10 PDT 1999

Greetings!

HE Kat just beat me to the punch with.....

> many kingdoms bestow a
>Patent (aka Royal Peerage) upon those who sit the throne when they
>step down

This means the Royals get to be "Royal Peers", with a Patent of Arms.

>Ansteorra does not do this.

Which I have yet to figure out why we dont. Of course, to be honest, I have
yet to figure out what the real difference is. The Consorts still get to be
in the Order of the Rose. Both Sovereign and Consort get their rank with a
County or Duchy.

So my questions are:
 What is the difference in having a Royal Patent or not?
 Why are we one of the very few (only?) Kingdoms that dont give them out?
 Would it be in the Kingdom's best interest to give out Royal Patents to
those stepping down?

Sir Timo Kalamanos